Owen Rask’s free business course is designed for soon-to-be founders, small and large business owners, managers, tradies, disgruntled employees, side hustlers, contractors, freelancers and everyone in between.
OWEN RASK’S FREE BUSINESS COURSE 🥳
After just 6 months of being live, around 2,500 students have taken Owen Rask’s free business course. Hundreds of students haven’t even started their side hustles, others are growing internationally, and some just want to do ‘it’ better.
- Have you ever wanted to be your own boss?
- Do you have a business idea but don’t know where to start?
- Are you thinking of hiring someone but don’t know which tax documents you need to fill in?
- What’s a shareholders agreement, can I get one for free and what needs to be in it?
- Wouldn’t it be great if I could take a (free) short course on starting a business?
💡 By completing Rask’s Australian Business Starters course, you will learn everything that I — Owen here, Founder of Rask — wish I knew before I started my own business, plus a whole lot more.
In this course, we’ll cover:
- How to know if a business idea will actually be a good business
- The steps required to plan your business – long before you quit your job
- How to legally set-up your business in Australia (including legitimate and free hacks, shortcuts and templates)
- The essentials, like how to get an ABN, business name and protect yourself (e.g. how to decide on a company structure, sole trader, trust, shareholder agreements, knowing the laws that apply, etc.)
- Websites & marketing like a pro: the best marketing platforms and tools for your business, how much you will need to pay to get a fly website (if you need one) and getting a brand created from scratch
- The basics (but essentials) of accounting, employing people (HR, payroll, paying Super & tax, GST, etc.) and how to find the right tools and people the first time around
- How to finance a business (even if you don’t have a lot of cash in the bank)
- The 5 ways I think your business will definitely die (do these five things and you may as well say bye-bye right now)
- My top 5 business apps and how to use them (many are free and they’ll save you thousands in expert fees)
- The difference between technical skills, soft skills, effective management and leadership
- Why psychology and integrity are more important than your business plan
📊 The Rask Business Course comes with the best downloadable templates and easy-to-use excel spreadsheets you’ve ever seen. All free!
Finally, the Rask free business course goes perfectly with the number-one podcast on business, Rask’s Australian Business Podcast, hosted by Owen Rask. The initial business podcast episodes align with the free course, providing real-life worked examples and steps to follow.
🙏 please subscribe and review the Australian Business Podcast on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. It’ll help more people find the course and podcast when they need it most.
Level & Prerequisites:
This is a beginner-intermediate course. We cover the basics and briefly more advanced material from each of the essential knowledge areas that will help you start a business in Australia. Rask is also committed to offering more courses and material, so if you get stuck or want to learn more you can take another online course or reach out to our team.
Access the Rask Core 🌏 community
If you’re a Rask member, you can access the Rask Community and ask Owen questions about your small business. Seriously, he loves hearing from fellow small business owners and sharing ideas. So jump into the discussion boards and get feedback from the community.
Outcomes (this is how good you’ll feel once you’ve done it):
At the end of this course — which you may be able to complete in less than a few days — you will be able to:
- Know if starting a business is right for you
- Feel confident in your business idea
- Design the best marketing strategy for success
- Speak with authority to potential investors, bankers, accountants, customers, clients and professionals
- Give it a red hot crack 🌶
- Become part of the Rask community of business starters